The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Getting the sync right
Old 13th October 2017
Here for the gear

Getting the sync right

Thank you for taking the time!

There is so many great things that can be done with a computer today. But I have so much external stuff that I want to use and just have not found a way to make the Ableton behave like a good tape recorder.

I am not talking about sound. Just recording, overdubbing, syncing without loosing the groove or the sync. There is all this stuff going on: midi latency, audio record and playback latency. I personally just went back to a hardware recorder and record stereo stems.

From what you write, I figure you record a whole bunch of ideas and then arrange them mostly in the DAW? Or did you figured out a way to have that "tape machine like feeling" with the now technology?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search