The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Promoservices
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Promoservices

Hi Danny,

A question about marketing your music. There are many promoservices out there. Those companies send your music to 300dj's for 200euro...or even more.

Do you believe in such services and do you use them yourself?
If yes...what is your favorite?

Last edited by datafeist; 6 days ago at 10:00 PM..
Old 5 days ago
special guest

I never use those services myself (but maybe some labels I have released on might have used them I dunno)
Its like between a scam/spam service with I am pretty sure counterproductive results...

Everyday I get a loooot of those mails from promo services....I like to find my music myself, getting it shoved in my mailbox just makes me pissed off...(unasked a lot of the time...how did they even manage to get my email address??? pure SPAM!) ..most of the time its below par Ibiza minimal tech house...there might be real cool stuff also send out by these promo services but they get lost like a grain of sand in a void of soullless EDM.

I am sure there are more composed elegant promo services out there that won't make your release seem like that ..but I really don't know

200 euros to send some emails sounds like a pretty good racket

Also it often makes every DJ play the same boring thing, that is ofcourse the objective/aim of these promo companies but who wants to be a promo-only-ALDI-DJ that plays music that everybody else plays too...ah well sorry I am ranting again
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search