The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kawai K4r
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Kawai K4r

Hi Danny!
What kind of k4 secrets do you have? What do you use it for the most? Any specific neat tips or tricks? I've got a K4r and like it alot for motion-y aftertouch-y string/pad thangs.
On a side note... I miss my D110. Do you think its more comfortable to program a d110 or a d10?
One more quick question. Have you tried the Novation Ultranova? Its a very under recognized synth and i wanted to get your take on it.
Thanks so much for the awesome music!
Old 5 days ago
special guest

I have never used an Ultranova, I do have 2 normal Nova's and a Supernova and use those a lot.

I am huge fan of the Kawai K4...I used it extensively on my Smackos - A Vampire Goes West album from earlier this year...there you can hear all the Kawai secrets it has this really fresh digital trammeled sound with lots of weird artefacts. Especially its filter is very "exotic" with a life of its own sometimes...I think it was originally a design fault that they changed in the later versions of the Kawai K4 or did I dream that?
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for the reply, I hope I have one of the older K4s then! A Vampire Goes West is great (the glowing ascii art is the icing on the cake), and now I'm gonna listen to it again extra close to try to pick out the k4 sound and flavor. I'm always happy when I hear a synth that I know well in someones music, gives me that weird "we drive the same car!" feeling of kinsmanship.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Just got the AVGW album zip file, haven't seen that cipher code for a long time! Sir Wolfers, you have officially made my day !
Old 2 days ago
They tried to improve it because of issues with clicking attack. Hold the System button while powering up to check which version you have. I have a spare 1.4 ROM which is the best version afaik.

< answering for the guest is not allowed but I'll make an exception here >

Last edited by Reptil; 2 days ago at 11:09 AM.. Reason: -

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search