The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tape recording
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Tape recording

Hello man, first of all thank you, im glad i can ask you something.

We see that you like to warm the sound recording it to tape. Do you do some sort of preparation before going into tape regarding mixing, or you go raw recording and then mix. I have the same tascam you showed in fact tv "how to" and im most concerned in warming vst's ofcourse.

Cheers from Brazil.
Old 2 weeks ago
special guest

No preperation or secret ritual most of the time. Maybe add a littlebit more high in the mix, depends on how you want the tape noise ratio (if you have to use EQ to bring back some lost hi frequencies once recorded on tape you get more hiss ofcourse). I just put the whole track on the Tascam with the line stereo input (so it becomes a 2 track recorder), then play it back trying different EQ functions, like I said before that EQ can do wonders.

I don't use the Tascam all the time though, its a special ingredient that can help sometimes, but not always. Sometimes a track can sound worse on tape and often something in the computer can sound warmer, fuller, having more body then its tape version...it can depend on so many things, its a sea of chaos....but thats what you get working with electro magnetic particles
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thanks a lot, Danny. Keep up the amazing job!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search