The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
eSession article and Tony Levin solo CD's
Old 4th March 2007
Lives for gear

eSession article and Tony Levin solo CD's

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for doing this. I've enjoyed your work quite a bit over the years.

I interviewed Gina (Fant-Saez) about a year ago for an upcoming article in Tape-Op on eSession. I was very impressed with Gina (what a talent and knowledge base) and could not believe the amount of effort she's put into developing this site. I know that you were to be interviewed as well and was just wondering if your phase the the interview has been completed?

One other thing, when I had Tony (Levin) in last year to go over his Resonator album (the first he recorded and mixed himself), I had loaded samples in from all his other previous solo CD's. The work you did stood out above everybody elses. Tony said that was the first time a mastering engineer had ever done that for him and he was quite amazed to hear the sonic differences of each project. All the albums sounded good but the polish that was on your mixes were quite evident, it didn't go unnoticed by Tony either. I really hope to see/hear you guys work together in the future again.
Old 5th March 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for doing this. I've enjoyed your work quite a bit over the years.

I interviewed Gina (Fant-Saez) about a year ago for an upcoming article in Tape-Op on eSession. I was very impressed with Gina (what a talent and knowledge base) and could not believe the amount of effort she's put into developing this site. I know that you were to be interviewed as well and was just wondering if your phase the the interview has been completed?

One other thing, when I had Tony (Levin) in last year to go over his Resonator album (the first he recorded and mixed himself), I had loaded samples in from all his other previous solo CD's. The work you did stood out above everybody elses. Tony said that was the first time a mastering engineer had ever done that for him and he was quite amazed to hear the sonic differences of each project. All the albums sounded good but the polish that was on your mixes were quite evident, it didn't go unnoticed by Tony either. I really hope to see/hear you guys work together in the future again.

Yes Gina is hugely impressive and she has incredible passion for esession. Her commitment to this is astonishing and if it success were judged by effort alone, it would be a huge instant success. Its been a real honor and illuminating journey since June 2004.

I have not done my article yet, but hopefully when the site launches there will be momentum to do so.

Thanks for the kind words regarding Tony. It was a real treat to mix his album ( it was right after 9/11) and the studio was in Chelsea not far from ground zero. I think it helped me a lot to immerse myself in music as I had a lot of different conflicting emotions around that time. Tony has such a unique style that its fun just to listen to his playing for hours on end. I hope we get to do it again also.

Kevin

Old 6th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Killen View Post
Yes Gina is hugely impressive and she has incredible passion for esession. Her commitment to this is astonishing and if it success were judged by effort alone, it would be a huge instant success. Its been a real honor and illuminating journey since June 2004.
I have not done my article yet, but hopefully when the site launches there will be momentum to do so.

Thanks for the kind words regarding Tony. It was a real treat to mix his album ( it was right after 9/11) and the studio was in Chelsea not far from ground zero. I think it helped me a lot to immerse myself in music as I had a lot of different conflicting emotions around that time. Tony has such a unique style that its fun just to listen to his playing for hours on end. I hope we get to do it again also.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

Regarding Gina I couldn't agree more, passion and enthusiasm. Seems like she would be this way in any endeavor she might pursue. I did the article with her right away (after AES 2005) as it seemed eSession was about to launch and I was hoping to help get the word out. I know, 'getting it right' takes time especially with such a well thought out site as eSession has.

I know Tony feels the same way. He loved the mix of that album in particular. He had mentioned it was post 9/11 as well. I still have 'conficting emotions' over that day as well and like many probably will the rest of my life.

Thanks for the time and all the great works of art.

best regards,
Larry DeVivo
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search