The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bass - Jude Cole - Believe In You
Old 3rd March 2007
Gear Head

Bass - Jude Cole - Believe In You

Kevin,

So I pulled out Jude Cole's "I Don't Know Why I Act This Way" release, (1 million three listens now and counting) and I'll probably ask a couple more questions about it, if you don't mind.

The bass on Believe in You is unbelievable (not pun intended) - the right amount of width - it fills up the bottom, etc. When you're going for "that" type of bass sound, what are things to try, like eq'ing specifics, effects, etc?
Old 4th March 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymbals View Post
Kevin,

So I pulled out Jude Cole's "I Don't Know Why I Act This Way" release, (1 million three listens now and counting) and I'll probably ask a couple more questions about it, if you don't mind.

The bass on Believe in You is unbelievable (not pun intended) - the right amount of width - it fills up the bottom, etc. When you're going for "that" type of bass sound, what are things to try, like eq'ing specifics, effects, etc?
Cymbals,

Its more like can I get a sound that compliments and enhances the landscape I am trying to paint. Plus Paul Bushnell , bassist extraordinaire had a lot to do with that tone. We were looking for fullness but also something that could provide a nice cushion for the voice.

KK
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search