The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
tori amos - bells for her(weird piano sound)
Old 26th February 2007
Gear nut

tori amos - bells for her(weird piano sound)

After much research i found out that on "bells for her" the beautiful piano sound was conjured by detuning the whole piano by an octave, then placeing wire and metal on the actual piano strings.

Do you apply any FX in the mix on the piano? If so what?

Cheers

stephen

www.myspace.com/skopjemusic
Old 3rd March 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skopje View Post
After much research i found out that on "bells for her" the beautiful piano sound was conjured by detuning the whole piano by an octave, then placeing wire and metal on the actual piano strings.

Do you apply any FX in the mix on the piano? If so what?

Cheers

stephen

www.myspace.com/skopjemusic

Stephen,

Other than eq and some ambiance I doubt it, but I need to go back and listen to it closely. Stay tuned

Kevin
Old 4th March 2007
Gear nut

bells for her

That song has a spooky history, it was done as a stream of consciousness, one take and Tori needed to hear the playback to figure out what she was saying and what the song was about. she listened to it in tears. very magic moment. The piano was bought from an old church in Taos, New Mexico and treated by Phil Shenale, Eric Rosse and Tori herself. Then a wonderful mix was done by Mr Kevin Killen
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search