The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Drum Replacement
Old 18th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Drum Replacement

Kevin,

GREAT forum. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences.

I was curious about how often (if ever) you augment or replace drums with samples, especially on material you did not track.

Thanks so much!

- Kent
Old 21st February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop View Post
Kevin,

GREAT forum. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences.

I was curious about how often (if ever) you augment or replace drums with samples, especially on material you did not track.

Thanks so much!

- Kent

Kent,

My initial thing is to try and work with the orginal recording. The theory being that the production team made an informed decision during the tracking and I should respect that. I will hold conversations with various members of the team prior to working on a project and if it comes up as a request , then naturally I am happy to try to satisfy .

In that event I will augment the orginally recording with a drum that has a similar timbre and character. I will endeavor to place it behind the origianl, carefully tracking subleties and dynamics. The end result should be that nobody notices it but remarks how much they are enjoying the drum balance.

Kevin
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search