The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
going through a mix
Old 16th February 2007
Gear maniac

going through a mix

Hi Kevin
You´ve been working on some of my favorite albums ever (So, Bright Red, The Sensual world just to mention a few). I´m trying to learn how to mix stuff properly and the big problem is to make a mix evolve through a song. It may sound cool in the beginning, it may sound cool if I listen to the last 16 bars or the middlepart, but in total all my mixes tend to get "narrowed in" as they develop and I keep turning it up until the end...

You could release a DVD like ”mixing with the pro´s ” or tell us where to buy ”Mixing with Kevin”...

Keep up the good work!

søren bendixen
Old 22nd February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Cool

Soebx,

You may want to try starting your mix from the top, imagining that you have no automation and get a balance that sounds like the record you are trying to make. Once achieved , then move to the verse. Now listen from the top through the verse, if you find yourself not engaged or distracted, figure out what is happening and correct it. Repeat the process until the end.

It may help..............

Kevin
Old 22nd February 2007
Gear maniac

thanks for answering. Yes I´ve been thinking alot about tmixing from the top when you started writing about it here. And this is what I will try - now.
Cool
but I still think you should make the "mixing with Killen" DVD!

All the best
soebx
aka
Søren Bendixen
Denmark
Old 22nd February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

I'll do it only if you set it up for a summer in Copenhagen..... haha

Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search