The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Working with Peter Bradley Adams
Old 14th February 2007
Lives for gear

Working with Peter Bradley Adams

Kevin,
Can you please talk a little about working with Peter Bradley Adams. I love the EP that you worked on and his style and voice are just fantastic. Did you just mix or did you track his project also? If so can you give a little break down of the process.

Thanks,
Michael Greene
Old 21st February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Michael,

Peter recorded the tracks mostly by himself and some friends in LA. I was originally considered for producing the debut East Mountain South album that Mitchell Froome eventually did. Peter and I kept in touch , so he just sent me the tracks via DVD's and we would talk a specific direction on the mix and I would post it up on a FTP server when i felt it was close.

There would be a round of revisions and sometimes Peter would get inspired to re sing or replay or add a part. Those were incorporated into the final EP. I think he is a really talented writer who is just begining to finf his voice. I enjoyed working with him very much, one day we will actually be in the same room !!!

Kevin
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Killen View Post
Michael,

Peter recorded the tracks mostly by himself and some friends in LA. I was originally considered for producing the debut East Mountain South album that Mitchell Froome eventually did. Peter and I kept in touch , so he just sent me the tracks via DVD's and we would talk a specific direction on the mix and I would post it up on a FTP server when i felt it was close.

There would be a round of revisions and sometimes Peter would get inspired to re sing or replay or add a part. Those were incorporated into the final EP. I think he is a really talented writer who is just begining to finf his voice. I enjoyed working with him very much, one day we will actually be in the same room !!!

Kevin
Interesting story. I am a huge Eastmountain South fan and its sad that they split up. Their harmony's and vocal styling are just unmatched. It would have been an amazing album to produce. His new work is also great and I have to agree, I think he is finding his voice more everyday. I guess thats the beauty of the internet. You can be a country apart or a world for that matter and still make amazing music together.

Great job on the record. Its just beautiful, and I hope you can work together on a full production. The results would be stunning.

Thanks again,
Michael Greene
Old 21st February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Michael,

I agree, they had a very unique blend and its a shame they could not grow together.

Despit all the grim news about the business the one bright spark is the ability of people to connect via the web. I am a firm believer that is is certainly part of the next paradigm and one that ultimately will be more liberating for the creative folks.

Kevin
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search