The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Paula Cole
Old 3rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Paula Cole

Kevin,
I saw you were involved with Paula Cole's "This Fire". Did you work on "Where have all the cowboys gone"? If so, can you tell us about it, anything really, tracking, mixing, production? This song is amazing on so many levels.
Old 3rd February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

DJ,

I was involved in that record although about six weeks into the process Paula decided that she wanted to go in a different direction so we parted company on that production. I believe she recut some of the songs although I hear some my production vales in the final release.

That is not an uncommon thing , artists and producers will often have very different ideas about how to approach a particular project. I just recently mixed paula's new album which will be coming out this spring.

Kevin
Old 3rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Would you mind talking about the mixing of her new record? heh
Old 4th February 2007

DJ,

Would be happy to. Her new album is produced by the enigmatic Bobby Colomby (Blood Sweat & Tears fame). Its a very diverse set of songs from world music to pop to standard style songs to reggae to trance. It sound bizarre but Bobby really wanted to showcase what an amazing voice Paula has and set about finding songs that would do that. Most of the compositions are co-writes and Paula really sings her ass off.

Its a very mature sounding album, which will get under your skin. The record was mixed last spring at Sevonay Sound in NYC . Its an ITB mix and Bob Ludwig mastered it. Should be in the stores this spring. If you like PC then you are in for a treat.

KK
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

I look forward to it! Thanks for the reply
Old 10th February 2007

Coming soon

KK
Old 17th February 2007
Lives for gear

can't wait to hear it!
Search this Thread