The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
reaper question.
Old 9th April 2007
Lives for gear

reaper question.

justin...
as your aware i'm a fan of your product together with many others.
thought i might ask this as its also a question i'm asked many times..when i tell folks about reaper.
what was your motivation to build reaper ??
was it frustration at what you saw in the market ?
or solely that you wanted something that worked on your projects ?
this is a sincere question i hope you feel.
Old 9th April 2007
Gear nut

Hello Sir,

REAPER started out because I wasnt totally happy with any software I was using (mostly little things, but there were enough), and wanted to have control over my experience... At the time I was mostly using Vegas and ACID.. Which I know are very different from a lot of the other software out there, but there is definitely a lot to like about them despite their flaws...

Since then, the things I do and my needs have expanded, largely due to developing REAPER, so REAPER has as well...

-Justin
Old 9th April 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Frankel View Post
SNIP...mostly little things, but there were enough...SNIP

what kind of things do you think that the other software weren't doing to your satisfaction ?

regards
simon
Old 9th April 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange View Post
what kind of things do you think that the other software weren't doing to your satisfaction ?

regards
simon

Off of the top of my head, being able to arm/unarm tracks while recording, changing inputs while recording was a big one that I don't think anybody else does, even today...

There's a lot of little things, too, that you can find in some software, but not in others.

Direct recording and playback of compressed formats.. Automatic crossfades, drag&drop for inserting files, good mousewheel support, arbitrary grouping of items, on the fly rate conversion for items on tracks, varispeed recording...

I could keep going more...
Old 10th April 2007
Lives for gear

thanks justin.
i wish you every/continued success.
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search