The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Streetcore
Old 21st May 2013
Gear Maniac

Streetcore

First off, thank you for taking the time to do this.

I've always loved Streetcore by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros. I couldn't find the credits listed on the album so I'm going by wikipedia, which I know can be dangerous, so I apologize in advance for any errors.

There are 6 people credited as having a hand in mixing Streetcore. With that many different styles of mixing, did you have to work to make the album sound cohesive or was everything pretty close to start with? Did anyone from the band attend the sessions? How did you get songs like Get Down Moses, Coma Girl, and Long Shadow to sit together on an album when they are such different kinds of songs?

Thanks again,

NAJ
Old 24th May 2013
Mastering legend

I do remember that record very well. Joe had passed away while they were mixing it. I loved this record because it was Joe's comeback record where he kind of took on the same vibe as the Clash's best records.

If I'm not mistaken, the next project was a Clash reunion record which obviously never happened.

I was very sad that Joe wasn't around to come to the mastering session. He was one of the greatest rock singers of all time.

Howie
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search