The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ear breaks
Old 8th May 2013
Gear interested

Ear breaks

How often on average and for how long do you take a break? Or does it depend on the project?
Old 9th May 2013
Gear interested

How do you keep your ears safe ?

Whats your take on Protecting your ears ?
Old 15th May 2013
Gear interested

Oh, and how much time do you spend listening in headphones during a typical session? And what are you checking for if/when you use phones?
Old 15th May 2013
Mastering legend

I never monitor super loud (haha) anymore. I used to, and I guess I'm quite notorious for it. With my PMC monitors, I can listen at quieter levels and still get a big sound. I also use my KRK near fields more than I used to.

I always recommend taking an hour break and listen to the birds chirp and then get back to the studio.

Howie
Old 15th May 2013
Mastering legend

Regarding protecting ears: hearing loss is irreversible. So protect your ears.

I don't go to loud concerts anymore like I used to, and I always wear earplugs in loud clubs.

I don't use headphones in sessions. I find them too confining. My assistant checks things on headphones to make sure there are no little things that I missed like a digital pop or something.

Once in a while I put on earbuds to hear what people are listening through and I'm frightened by the results.

Howie
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search