The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Advice You Got When Starting Out
Old 8th May 2013
Gear Addict

Best Advice You Got When Starting Out

Hello Howie,

First off I have to say I love many of the masters you have done and thank you for taking the time to answer our questions here on GS.

I'm about 5 yrs into mastering and now freelancing out of a great mastering studio in Toronto Canada and I just wanted to know when you were starting out in mastering what was the best advice you got and who did it come from?

Thank you,
Mike
Old 9th May 2013
Mastering legend

I started out delivering packages at Masterdisk. I then began to assist Bob Ludwig. In those days, Bob would do a session during the day and would write down all his notes on a card and then I'd come in on the evening and reproduce them 100%. It taught me exactly what goes through Bob's mind when he was mastering.

The best advice I got was to be nice to everybody. Some clients when I first started out where nobody's and nobody gave them respect other than me. But then these clients became some of the biggest artists and producers in the business and it really helped my career.

Howie
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search