The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2-4 kHz
Old 7th May 2013
Lives for gear

2-4 kHz

A while ago you mastered a dance project I worked on as a mix engineer. You did a great job (as expected). But what I want to know: the 2-4k range sounds excellent on practically all your work. It's strong, powerful but never harsh. How do you do it? What's you recipe? Any advise for mixers?
Old 9th May 2013
Mastering legend

I like to concentrate on midrange because that's where so much energy and excitement is. I'd also add that it goes all the way up to 8khz. Focusing in this area keeps the records exciting.

Howie
Old 10th May 2013
Lives for gear
Is there a particular precision EQ you like using on the mids that gives you a bunch of tight bands concentrated in this area? Is this how you get a nice emphasis on the frequency extension ranges (low lows and high highs) in mid-heavy mixes? It sounds to me like a lot of the bands you've done originally had very mid-intense mixes, like RHCP and White Stripes. Thanks.
Old 10th May 2013
Mastering legend

One of the best sounding EQs I've ever used were the Neumann OE duo EQs built into the Neumann console. They have a super wide midrange and they sound like nothing else. The only problem is you can't hit them that hard. They were built for disc mastering.

Howie
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search