The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
real rooms or simulation?
Old 27th June 2007
Gear addict

real rooms or simulation?

hi guys,

i have a question about the characteristics of live rooms

what have been your personal favourite live rooms that you have recorded in over the years - they don't have to still be in operation

also is it quite common for you to use the live room or chambers in a studio when mixing
or are you happy with the hardware software solutions at present.

thanks in advance,

tony
Old 29th June 2007
Special guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaneer View Post
hi guys,

i have a question about the characteristics of live rooms

what have been your personal favourite live rooms that you have recorded in over the years - they don't have to still be in operation

also is it quite common for you to use the live room or chambers in a studio when mixing
or are you happy with the hardware software solutions at present.

thanks in advance,

tony
Hi,

My favourite rooms would be Island Basing Street 1 & 2, Olympic 1, Parkgates, Mark Angelo, Kore, Sarm East, Pachyderm, Electric Lady, Ocean Way, Dreamland.

I always use a mixture of live chambers, live room and software reverb. I love EMT plates - especially the big ones!

I always depend upon trying to get a sense of the recorded space during the recording as this helps to blend the sounds better so often the reverb is used more as an effect than a spacial tool.

Tony
Old 29th June 2007
Special guest

Hi,

I like(d) the following live rooms:

Townhouse 1, 2 (the Stone Room) & 3 (the rebuilt Ramport Studios in South London)
AIR (the old one in Oxford circus) studios 1 & 2
Eden 1
Decca (West Hampstead)
Abbey Road 2

I also use artifical reverbs during mixing, e.g. Lexicon, TC6000, AMS RMX, and EMT 140 plates - but they have to be tuned properly, and very few people know the technique these days.

Tony - I've never seen a small EMT plate!

Regards,

Mick
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search