The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
real rooms or simulation? Multi-Effects Processors (HW)
Old 27th June 2007
Gear addict

real rooms or simulation?

hi guys,

i have a question about the characteristics of live rooms

what have been your personal favourite live rooms that you have recorded in over the years - they don't have to still be in operation

also is it quite common for you to use the live room or chambers in a studio when mixing
or are you happy with the hardware software solutions at present.

thanks in advance,

tony
Old 29th June 2007
Special guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaneer View Post
hi guys,

i have a question about the characteristics of live rooms

what have been your personal favourite live rooms that you have recorded in over the years - they don't have to still be in operation

also is it quite common for you to use the live room or chambers in a studio when mixing
or are you happy with the hardware software solutions at present.

thanks in advance,

tony
Hi,

My favourite rooms would be Island Basing Street 1 & 2, Olympic 1, Parkgates, Mark Angelo, Kore, Sarm East, Pachyderm, Electric Lady, Ocean Way, Dreamland.

I always use a mixture of live chambers, live room and software reverb. I love EMT plates - especially the big ones!

I always depend upon trying to get a sense of the recorded space during the recording as this helps to blend the sounds better so often the reverb is used more as an effect than a spacial tool.

Tony
Old 29th June 2007
Special guest

Hi,

I like(d) the following live rooms:

Townhouse 1, 2 (the Stone Room) & 3 (the rebuilt Ramport Studios in South London)
AIR (the old one in Oxford circus) studios 1 & 2
Eden 1
Decca (West Hampstead)
Abbey Road 2

I also use artifical reverbs during mixing, e.g. Lexicon, TC6000, AMS RMX, and EMT 140 plates - but they have to be tuned properly, and very few people know the technique these days.

Tony - I've never seen a small EMT plate!

Regards,

Mick
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search