The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
British cool! ..awesome!!
Old 26th June 2007
Lives for gear

Thumbs up British cool! ..awesome!!

Hi!
I was so glad watching the video: click here:
MPG event 2005 comparison with analoge and digital recording

About analog vs digital and the DAWs shoot out.

What was amazing is how friendly, relax and down to earth are the British Engineers and producers....Pip Williams seems a very cool, nice guy and very smart person...besides of how experienced and talented he is.
You cold feel the atmosphere was great!!

I wish in America could be the same...even at the AES (USA) you feel that air of arrogancy.....

I think that is something we need to learn to enjoy better the music!!
Old 26th June 2007
Special guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak7 View Post
Hi!
I was so glad watching the video: click here:
MPG event 2005 comparison with analoge and digital recording

About analog vs digital and the DAWs shoot out.

What was amazing is how friendly, relax and down to earth are the British Engineers and producers....Pip Williams seems a very cool, nice guy and very smart person...besides of how experienced and talented he is.
You cold feel the atmosphere was great!!

I wish in America could be the same...even at the AES (USA) you feel that air of arrogancy.....

I think that is something we need to learn to enjoy better the music!!
Thanks for the compliments!

I must say I have noticed sometimes that there is a tendency for US engineers and producers to act a little like they are bigger stars than the artists and often studio staff note how much more even tempered English engineers are. However, I love the professionalism of US studios - the attention to detail and care taken with equipment is often much more noticeable than in some UK studios.

I think it is very easy to slip into the 'grass is greener' syndrome though and surely the best scenario is putting together teams of collaborators who fire each other up to make great records?

Best,

Tony
Old 26th June 2007
Lives for gear

Yes! I notice that too!!! yes the British guys were so down to earth and also Tony's observation is correct : many producers and engineers in the U.S feel theirself like the stars....even over the artists.But yes...the service at top studios here is amazing!
Old 30th June 2007
Lives for gear

I've watched the video some time ago, and I'm still wondering what converters you used with the protools and nuendo set-up, It is weird for me, everyone in the video were talking about nuendo a protools but nobody mentioned the converters these DAWs were using.

do you remember?

cheers
Old 30th June 2007
Lives for gear

Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search