The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tony..what are u doing in these days?
Old 23rd June 2007
Lives for gear

Tony..what are u doing in these days?

Hi! I am curious about what are your currently projects, which recent artist/bands are your favorites and which music you personaly prefer.
Old 24th June 2007
Special guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL View Post
Hi! I am curious about what are your currently projects, which recent artist/bands are your favorites and which music you personaly prefer.
Hi,

I have just finished mixing an artist called Second Person which is a jazz/trip-hop duo. I seem to be doing a lot of jazz recently which is pleasant. I also did vocal production with a rock band called Nemesea last month. I engineered and co-produced the recently released album from The Bad Plus.

I have no particular preference in music style although there are some I really don't like much.

Artists I have recently liked albums by are Arcade Fire, Amy Winehouse, Rufus Wainright, Bjork, Joanna Newsome, Dr John.

Tony
Old 24th June 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks Tony!!

Your "Back in Black" and "Highway to hell" are albums that are really part of the life and fun of so many people!! such amazing achievement!
Old 24th June 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah!! totally agree with Zak.....!!!heh
Old 25th June 2007
Special guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak7 View Post
Thanks Tony!!

Your "Back in Black" and "Highway to hell" are albums that are really part of the life and fun of so many people!! such amazing achievement!
....... and thank you for the kind words.

I do keep wondering why so many of these 'older' bands are able to stoke up so much more than the homogenized rock currently around. I have been watching bits of the broadcasts from Glastonbury this year (is it me or did someone go a little too wild with the vocal compression!?) and I couldn't listen to more than one song from the Kaiser Chiefs but was transfixed by The Who.

Bats for Lashes were superb though and have you checked out Scott Matthews yet?

Tony
Old 27th June 2007
Gear nut

I agree.....having watched most of the coverage of Glastonbury via BBC 2, 3 and 4 on the weekend. A case in point was watching the BBC split between live coverage of The Killers on the pyramid stage and Iggy & The Stooges on the "other" stage.... it was like night & day. I sat and watched the blokes who've been bringing out the rock since before I was a twinkle in the old man's eye slay arguably the hottest band in the world right now.

While I don't quite qualify for "old fart" status (I'm 32) and my tastes are still evolving, I'd agree on the distinct lack of intensity/originality in a lot of new cookie cutter bands out there now. Not in all cases, but in most of what the majors are churning out. dfegad

Viva La RAWK.
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search