The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mick Glossop-Studio Design
Old 8th June 2007
Lives for gear

Mick Glossop-Studio Design

Mick Glossop- How's the new studio design going with Andy Munro? Will you be getting an Icon based controller instead of your Pro Controls?

Thanks
Old 14th June 2007
Special guest

Hi - the studio's done, thnaks, and I'm very pleased with it. Andy's team has done a great job, both in the sound proofing, which is excellent, and in the acoustic design.

No, I won't be upgrading to an Icon. Digidesign controllers and powerful, but still not sufficiently slick and quick to operate as I would like, so I'll stick with Pro Control for the time being. It's so much better than a mouse.
Old 15th June 2007
Lives for gear

Any chance of photos of the studio now that's it's done. What's your web site address?
Also is Townhouse still closeing?
Old 17th June 2007
Gear interested

Old 19th June 2007
Special guest

Mike Banks has kindly posted a link to his collection of photos of the studio, and there are some more at my website:

www. mickglossop.com

The Townhouse is fully operational, and long may that continue.
Old 19th June 2007
Lives for gear

MG the studio looks great.

MB awesome photos as usual.

Thanks
Old 21st June 2007
Lives for gear

Hi Mick,

I see you have the Liquid Mix there, how do you find the quality of the plugs?

Also you have a Tube Tracker..are you using that in the tracking or mixing stage?
Old 23rd June 2007
Special guest

I'm quite impressed with Liquid Mix. The eq's are very usuable, although I haven't performed exhaustive tests on all the models yet. The mix 'n' match user-configs are very useful. Some of the compressors are a bit useless I feel, although some are good after a lot of tweaking. The 1176 emulation is nothing like the real thing, unlike the Bomb Factory version, which although not an exact replica (what is?) is very usable. It's great having hardware control in LM, and the v2 software has sorted out some of the bugs in v1. Aside for criticism of the individual ermulations, it's incredible value for the DSP.

I got the TLA Tubetracker essentially as a front end for recording, but it's good to have the tube preamps to use as plugins in the mix. The tube sound is great, the eq basic, but very usable, and I also wanted to have some kind of analogue mixer for sub-mixing mics and effects, especially for electric guitar recording. I'm a strong beleiver in getting the sound right as you record and then printing it. I don't subscribe to the "keep your options open" principle, although I do always record a clean e/gtr direct signal (just in case!).
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search