The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
To any or all of you, digital vs analog preferences
Old 7th June 2007
Lives for gear

To any or all of you, digital vs analog preferences

Hi and thanks for beeing here.

I guess this question is impossible to avoid so here goes. How do you feel about where technology is heading ? Do you still prefer analog consoles and outboard or do you get more attracted to just stay in the DAW ?

What do you feel are the (dis)advantages of each way of working ?

Best regards, Marcus
Old 8th June 2007
Special guest

Technology is always developing - it's obvious I guess...

In pro audio, it is eventually for the better, even though that takes some time with some kinds of technology, e.g. the digital revolution, which has taken from the early 80's unitl now to provide us with a system that's really usable. compare this with the development of analogue, which was usable in the mid 50's!
Old 8th June 2007
Special guest

Sorry for being a bit blunt about this but surely it doesn't matter a flying **** whether it is digital or analogue if it gets you the result you are looking for? I think this persistent debate about whether analogue or digital is better is very counter productive and not very creative.

As a creative producer I look for the most appropriate tools for the particular project I am about to start. It is helpful and exciting to have so much technology at our disposal and it is only our attitude towards it that dictates how good the results are. Closing your mind to possibilities is not creative. I think the best way to deal with it it to get a solid understanding of what is available so you can apply it effectively.

All of these devices are the tools of our trade and we should employ them as such.

Tony
Old 8th June 2007
Special guest

I totally agree! It's the results that count, every time.
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search