The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amek BPF10?
Old 24th December 2002
Gear addict

Amek BPF10?

I just purchased a rack filled with 10 Amek BPF 10 modules. These are hi/lowpass filters with a line amp for makeup gain. The terminals are labeled clearly enough, including a barrier strip for the power supply, which is labeled 110 volts. I purchased this thing at a liquidation-type sale, so there is no manual, and no outboard power supply. Upon taking a look inside, there seems to be no centralized power supply. Does anyone know anything about these units and/or the rack? Does it need an outboard supply, or can I just wire up a cord to it and go? I don't want to fry anything. Wisdom anyone?

Thanks,
Mysteriousmammal
Old 24th December 2002
Gear Guru

Amek has an LA office with a tech shop. Give them a call before hurting yourself or the gear.
Old 3rd January 2003
Gear addict

Amek

Thanks, Drumsound. I have been told this by a few people now, but I can't find a phone number listing on the Amek website or in the phone book. I've tried to call them, but it's after hours now.

Do you know the name of the place or the phone number? I guess I'll just wait and call them back tomorrow.

Thanks!
Old 3rd January 2003
Gear Guru

I’ve always called the Nashville office as I'm in the mid-west. Their number there is 888-286-9358. Talk to Dave Rochester at extension 3489. He's a great guy. He mentioned the LA office to me when I was looking for a PSU.
Old 3rd January 2003
Gear addict

Thanks! I just found the number in Burbank.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search