The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
general guidelines for panning
Old 26th April 2012
Lives for gear

general guidelines for panning

Hello Jay and let me say what a honour it is to have you here on Gearslutz . Could you give use a basic idea of how you like to pan a drum set I know there is a hundred factors to consider so lets say a standard 5 peice with just hihat ride 2 crash,s doing a full 3 tom roll down. In a heavier rock type sound. and thank you again for taking the time for us on Gearslutz
Old 27th April 2012
Q & A guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
Hello Jay and let me say what a honour it is to have you here on Gearslutz . Could you give use a basic idea of how you like to pan a drum set I know there is a hundred factors to consider so lets say a standard 5 peice with just hihat ride 2 crash,s doing a full 3 tom roll down. In a heavier rock type sound. and thank you again for taking the time for us on Gearslutz
For the most punch from a low tom, I tend to put it in the middle, with the 2 rack toms being a little left and right of center. I like listening from the audience perspective or how I'm looking at the drummer,in the studio, if I'm recording them. If I don't have the lo tom in the center, and they are panned from hi to lo, I always keep them in from full left/right panning. I usually do the same for hat (not panned full left or right). If I have some good room tracks, that I'm going to use a lot of in the mix, I'll bring the overheads in from the sides a bit, and keep the room tracks full left and right.
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search