The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Assistants
Old 9th May 2010
Lives for gear

Assistants

Hey Alan!

Many thanks for taking the time here!

You work with an assistant most of the time (from what I gather in another reply of yours) to man the computer side of things. What, to you, makes a good assistant and what upsets you?

G
Old 20th May 2010
Special guest

Great question.

Obviously a first class knowledge of the software really helps and speed is a must. I'm too slow at the computer myself which is why I take on assistants. I like them to do all the installations and updates too and have a really good filing and backup policy.

Great assistants anticipate every move and nothing is too much trouble - including humping and setting up gear, fetching coffee, and keeping the studio neat and tidy for the work in hand. And although their cellphones might be on, they don't answer them if we are busy. I respect their talents and hopefully they respect mine.

Bad ones don't last a second!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search