The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eye in the Sky
Old 5th May 2010
Lives for gear

Smile Eye in the Sky

Alan,

Thanks for being a part of this!

Eye in the sky is a record that fascinates me, and has been one of my favorite records, since i first heard it in my teens. The latest cd remastered version , with the extras is amazing, i loved hearing the orchestral pieces and demos, and it gave me a little glimpse of the making of that specific record... How was the creation and recording organized? did you start from the orchestral pieces and split it up into the themes that make the record? Is there a common theme ( maybe the tempo) ?

It is brilliant piece of music with amazing engineering and production, and it seems like a puzzle to put together all those feats together... congrats!
Old 20th May 2010
Special guest

EITS,like all the APP albums was always recorded rhythm section first (all together) and any overdubs including orch were added later. Making the albums conceptual was several different actions, many of them worked out as part of the recording process.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search