The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your feelings on Mono.
Old 14th May 2011
Lives for gear

Your feelings on Mono.

Hello Phil,

First I just want to thank you for giving your time to help us on Gearslutz. Your knowledge is more than welcome here and personally have learn quite a bit from reading some of your postings in the last few days. My question for you is on the subject of monoaural reproduction in modern music. Is there still a place for it today? Are the methods for making the best out of mono recordings in a mix?

Thank you for your time.
Old 16th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Oliver View Post
Hello Phil,

First I just want to thank you for giving your time to help us on Gearslutz. Your knowledge is more than welcome here and personally have learn quite a bit from reading some of your postings in the last few days. My question for you is on the subject of monoaural reproduction in modern music. Is there still a place for it today? Are the methods for making the best out of mono recordings in a mix?

Thank you for your time.
First let me say that - Mono is fantastic. 80% of my recorded instruments are in mono. Great for placing in a Stereo mix. Many of today's mixes feel like 'wide-mono' to me. If I record everything in stereo I find it harder to get a really wide stereo picture. Mono is still King,,,,,,
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search