The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acoustics in the mobiles?
Old 12th May 2011
Gear Addict

Acoustics in the mobiles?

Hi Phill, enjoyed the book as I said the other day!

You booked the Rolling Stones & Island mobiles a fair bit - what was the sound like? Obviously the gear inside was standard stuff - Helios/Studer/Urei/Tannoy etc but the construction of the room is different. Did you get any surprises when you took the tapes out to a conventional studio or feel like you were fighting with it while working?
Old 12th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapeOpAl View Post
Hi Phill, enjoyed the book as I said the other day!

You booked the Rolling Stones & Island mobiles a fair bit - what was the sound like? Obviously the gear inside was standard stuff - Helios/Studer/Urei/Tannoy etc but the construction of the room is different. Did you get any surprises when you took the tapes out to a conventional studio or feel like you were fighting with it while working?
With any mobile there are limitations regarding accurate monitoring. It was merely a tool. A place to alow one to record...never relied on for the accuracy of the trucks monitoring - we were less precious then and more rock 'n roll. It can always be sorted later. I would play a few tapes in the mobile while we set up and get used to the sound - then GO!
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search