The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
barbara streisand back to broadway Condenser Microphones
Old 30th May 2012
Gear addict

barbara streisand back to broadway

Hello al

I’m a big fan of the barbara streisand back to broadway record and I read you engineered parts of the record, Some Enchanted Evening (From "South Pacific"), Speak Low (From "One Touch Of Venus"), and The Man I Love (From "Lady, Be Good"). this is one of my favorite all time records and the sound you acheived was amazing.

Can you share any details from that session that you recall or any other sessions you had with barbara like the vocal chain or how you recorded the band?

Thank you for your time

walter
Old 1st June 2012
Special Guest

Hi Walter, Barbra is amazing, God gave her a kiss on the throat, She always uses the same mic on vocals a Neumann M49 she has to rent it because the people who own it wont sell it to her. She has an unbelievable memory and remembers every line and breath she has ever sung. She always sings live with the orchestra and we recorded her at various studios Capitol, Sony Scoring stage and Ocean Way. She is a perfectionist and sometimes that can make for very long hours in the studio. I hope this helps, Al
Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search