The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Regarding Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable: With Love"
Old 24th May 2012
Gear addict

Regarding Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable: With Love"

Hi Mr. Schmitt,

This question isn't exactly related to engineering, but more in regards to your memory of an individual. From what I understand, you were one of the recording engineers on "Unforgettable, With Love" by Natalie Cole.

There's a little bit of confusion on my part regarding this, but from what I understand Ike Cole played piano on some of the album. Well, my father, George Gaffney did as well. I have his platinum award hanging on my wall in memory of him. You see, he passed away as a result of a stroke in December of 2002 and I don't particularly remember much about him—I'm 17 now, so I was 7 when he passed away.

I'm curious, if you have this knowledge that is, as to what tracks he had played on, and what pianos he used on those tracks—and lastly, what (if anything) you remember about his playing? It's very sentimental to me, so I'd appreciate any knowledge you have about him you have.

Thank you,
Ngaio Nobumoto-Gaffney
Old 4th June 2012
Special Guest

Hi Ngalo, I dont remember much, I did record 90 per cent of the recording and all of the mixing. I knew your father and he was a hellova musician and a very nice man. I dont remember what tracks he played on but what ever tracks it was you can be sure it was great. Im sorry I cant help much more than that. You can be proud of your dad he was a great guy. Al
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search