The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Last week's waves winner is.....
Old 9th September 2008
Guest Moderator - September 08

Last week's waves winner is.....

Vocal Distortion On Leona Lewis Best You Never Had-----Scientist

I still haven't checked out the distortion, but I probably added it to cover something up, or like the distortion I used on BUTTONS-Pussy Cat Dolls, or the distortion I used on GET THE PARTY STARTED-Pink, I like the image distortion can create. It makes me think the singer was singing so loud they blew out the mike. Kinda like what you hear on a cheap PA in a great, hot, grimey club. Thanks Scientist for the question, and the politeness with which it was asked. I promise a reply soon.
Old 11th September 2008
Old 12th September 2008
Hey,
Wicked, thanks so much.
I actually am a fully registered Waves user, so please let these great plugins roll over for another worthy Slut! :-)
Being able to pick your brains Dave is easily it's own reward, but if you do have any old gear your not using you could always send me that instead... haha
Seriously, you giving your time for us slutz is worth so much more than I think you know.
It's over a third the way through the month and I haven't asked nearly a tenth of the questions I have in my head, so looking forward to getting some more down. :-)
Thanks again

O
TheScientist
Old 13th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pensado View Post
Vocal Distortion On Leona Lewis Best You Never Had-----Scientist

I still haven't checked out the distortion, but I probably added it to cover something up, or like the distortion I used on BUTTONS-Pussy Cat Dolls, or the distortion I used on GET THE PARTY STARTED-Pink, I like the image distortion can create. It makes me think the singer was singing so loud they blew out the mike. Kinda like what you hear on a cheap PA in a great, hot, grimey club. Thanks Scientist for the question, and the politeness with which it was asked. I promise a reply soon.

Hi Dave... another fan of your work here!

Can you let us know what you used to create the distortion effect, especially on the Pink song? Was it plug-in or hardware (or both)? I tried running a female vocal through the Logic Distortion plug, and also tried some guitar dist FX, like Amplitube, but can't achieve quite the same sound...
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search