The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
discontented customers???
Old 2nd September 2008
Lives for gear

discontented customers???

Mr Pensado,
did you ever had a customer which always was discontented?
If that happened to you in the past how was your reaction on it???

Thanks for being here and sharing your expensive time with crazy slutz.

Andreas
Old 2nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Yeah, I wanted to know the same thing more or less but my question somehow didn't make it up.
Old 6th September 2008
Guest Moderator - September 08

It happens to everyone. As my career progressed and people became familiar with what I did, then it started happening less and less. Now it might happen one out of every 200 mixes. Once, I was working on an artist on A&M named Andy Vargas. He is one of the best vocalist I have ever worked with. There were 2 producers. One was a former artist I listed in my most influential records thread, so I was stoked! His partner had a producing partnership with an engineer who is amazing. So the entire 1st day this guy watches me like a hawk, saying why did you do that, I hate that, why did you eq this. Well after 12 hours of this I went to the producer I liked and politely said that it was me or the asswipe. I would not finish the record if he was involved. I called the label and they were 100% on my side. The cool producer said he felt he should stick by his guy, so the asshole got his engineer to do the record. You can't please everyone. People have different agendas. Some people think they want what I do, but when I do it for them it scares them. I always look at it like it is their project, their creativity, their life and career. I am like a guest in their creative house. I try my best to respect their house. It they just trust me a little, I can deliver a great product. VanGogh said "Never trust the time one is without difficulties"
Old 6th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pensado View Post
People have different agendas. Some people think they want what I do, but when I do it for them it scares them. I always look at it like it is their project, their creativity, their life and career. I am like a guest in their creative house. I try my best to respect their house.
Respect is one of the most important things in the world!
Well said, Dave!
Old 6th September 2008
Lives for gear

Thanks Mr. Pensado.

My English is not good enough ...but I try it.

What I meant was that customers are never feel good with any mix you did.

I had that I mixed one and the same song 12 times.
The customer had every final-mix new wishes and that was the reason for the next mix....and so on and so on....12 times!!!

After all the best was he thought he just had to pay me for one mix, and after all just if he likes it.

In the end my lawyer had to deal with him.

Did you ever needed a lawyer to get you fee?
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search