The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Statements to the Negative-
Old 1st September 2008
soulstudios
Statements to the Negative-

Dave - you've not been one to mince words, or to not deliberately try to offend the old guard of the recording industry with your opinion - obligatory sample quote: "I don't like the word warm. For me it's another word for dull. I love saying that, because it pisses a lot of people off!".

But is there anything you wish you had not said - or anything that's come back to haunt you in ways you didn't intend - so far?
Cheers,
m@t
Old 4th September 2008
Guest Moderator - September 08

Sure, it seems like on a daily basis I upset somebody. The engineers I tease are the ones I owe it all to. Without their shoulders to stand on, we would be mighty low to the ground. I have actually studied and spent 1000's of hours listening to their records. There are hundreds of CD's I have worn out, trying to steal ideas, and make myself a better engineer. But I'm just a skeptic and smart-ass at heart. I truly love our profesion, and give all those in it respect. But I still enjoy pointing out ego, arrogance, and an unwillingness to accept any music that is new.
Old 7th September 2008
soulstudios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pensado View Post
Sure, it seems like on a daily basis I upset somebody. The engineers I tease are the ones I owe it all to. Without their shoulders to stand on, we would be mighty low to the ground. I have actually studied and spent 1000's of hours listening to their records. There are hundreds of CD's I have worn out, trying to steal ideas, and make myself a better engineer. But I'm just a skeptic and smart-ass at heart. I truly love our profesion, and give all those in it respect. But I still enjoy pointing out ego, arrogance, and an unwillingness to accept any music that is new.
Good answer- clarifies your general outlook.
Thanks,
M@t
Old 7th September 2008
Gear addict

I love Stravinsky's quote, "Creativity is undetected plagiarism." And I love your use of the word steal. To me, it means listening and learning. Do you ever put up mixes by someone else while you're mixing?
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search