The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dave the snare sound on JT's Never Again..
Old 30th September 2004
Lives for gear

Dave the snare sound on JT's Never Again..

do you remember how you achieved it?

I love big fizzy snares like that with a snap and breath.

thanks!
Old 1st October 2004
Guest Moderator - September 08

thanks

Hey Renie, check out my last post in "Drum sounds in RnB music". I did exactly what I said there. If you want the samples and IF I have time, let me know, I will email them to you. Also let me give RESPECT to Brian's tracking engineer, Chris Wood. He is one of my top 5 favorites. Remember what I said about great tracking engineers? He falls into that category.
Old 1st October 2004
Gear maniac

snare?

what are you guys talking about? there's no snare on that song! just piano and vocals...
Old 1st October 2004
Lives for gear

Strange... I thought Dave was talking about Brian McKnight and Renie was talking about Justin Timberlake. I'm all confusidedabled.
Old 1st October 2004
Guest Moderator - September 08

???

You mite be rite. I remember doing a version with and without drums. I just assumed they used the drum version, as I have never listened to the album. I rarely ever listen to my mixes once they leave here. I was nominated for a Grammy for that album, I guess I should have listened to it. That's kinda embarrassing! Good catch travista00. But anyway, I still have the drum sounds I used.
Old 2nd October 2004
Gear nut

I thought the drums on that CD were really amazing to be honest. Im not the worlds biggest JT fan, but i must admit that I was impressed with this one. Now that you've explain much of you're drum mixing to us, i can kinda hear what you mean on some of the tracks. Was 'Rock Your Body' one of your to? I love the drums and bass on that track. Excellent!

And hey, if you do happen to get a spare five I'd love to hear those drums Dave. If you did get half a chance to send them out, I'd definately appreciate a copy.
Old 2nd October 2004
Lives for gear

teeboy rock your body bass and drums is awesome isn't it? Amazing.

Dave's track is the last track on the album Never Again. The snare is there alright!

Thanks for the offer Dave. thumbsup
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search