The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dynamic EQ
Old 15th September 2004
Gear Addict

Dynamic EQ

I read somewhere on this forum about David's use of dynamic EQ.
I've searched and searched, can't find it.
As I remembered, he uses a Waves-plug (C1?)
When used in this way, does it react when the selected frequency is above threshold, or does it respond to the full-bandwidth-signal?
I've used MC2000 with good results for the same kind of tasks.
One minor drawback:
You have to open at least the 3-band version even if you only want to process one single freq-area.
Has anybody tried the dynamic EQ in CompressorBank?
It responds to the same signal as the compressor, (and uses the same attack/release times) and then compresses/expands the selected freq.
So if you boost a freq in the pre-filter section and set the comp ratio fader to 1.0, and then compress the corresponding freq with the dynamic filter you get ruffly the same function as one band in a MB-comp.
Old 22nd September 2004
Lives for gear

bump
Old 23rd September 2004
Guest Moderator - September 08

It's like a parametric EQ with a compressor on each band

Stargazer, Renie, check out my interview in April Electronic Musician, not the magazine interview but the internet one where I posted actual screen shots of some hits. I love C1/sc. Look up and study about how the side chain circuit works. If that doesn't answer your question, let me know, and I will explain it. I had a little bit to do with the MC2000 pluggin. I love it. The waves C4 is also amazing. The CB 2 and 3 are quite good. I like the way they also can emmulate classic stuff. I use these 4 compressors every mix. I also have an old analog Rocksonics 3 band that I use a lot also.

Think of these as compressing around a single frequency only, that frequency being the side band frequency. Only on C4 and MC2000 the sc is selected as just a frequency. Dessers work this way, and it is one of the major differences in why compressors sound different from each other.

I'm not sure a ratio of 1:1 will do anything, will it?

Let me know if I need to answer in greater detail. Thanks
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search