The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A really really huge thanks to Dave Jerden!
Old 30th September 2015
GS Community Manager

Lightbulb A really really huge thanks to Dave Jerden!

It's been superb having you here for these past couple weeks, Dave! Thanks again for sharing your wisdom, we all really appreciate your time. This has been a terrific Q+A and will make a great expansion to our archive.

Don't be a stranger to the forums!
Old 30th September 2015
VIP Guest

I want to thank Gearslutz and everyone who wrote in questions (and to all that read them!). i had fun doing this and I hope I could shine a small light on my career . I tried to be as precise as I
possibly could in the light of the time span involved. Personally I can't remember what I was doing last Wednesday and it was tough to remember back sometimes 35 years . I did give accurate information and I did not embellish any answers . I know this site is about gear however let me stress that the tools are only a small part of it. A bad technician with
the best gear can only fail. The heart in making good recordings is in the people involved. Equipment comes and goes . Remember I started making records before we had SMPTE, computers,
MIDI , samples , Pro tools on and on . What we had though was imagination, talent and HARD WORK! These essential ingredients have not nor will ever change. I always tell new engineers that
instead of drooling over what you don't have (equipment wise ) learn to REALLY LEARN with WHAT YOU HAVE. There will NEVER be a piece of gear (or plug in ) that will make a bad engineer who
does not really understand how sound works be able to make even passible recordings. Last thing , Good Luck to everyone and always try t push the envelope! Cheers , Dave Jerden
Old 1st October 2015
Gear Maniac

Dave, just another echoing thank you here. Your answers and insight were GREAT, and I know I speak for a lot of people here when I say how much I appreciate your taking the time to share with us so much hard-earned wisdom. Thank you so much!!

Matt
Old 1st October 2015
Gear Addict

Thanks a lot Dave, it was really a privilege talking to you. Really inspiring answers!! Thanks!

Best of lucks,
Ignacio
Old 2nd October 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks for the inspiring mix ideas and technique
Old 2nd October 2015
Thank you Dave, it was awesome to have you around!
Old 2nd October 2015
Thanks indeed - I've not asked any questions, but have learned a great deal from your answers!
Old 2nd October 2015
Administrator

Greatly appreciated, thanks very much Dave!
Old 3rd October 2015
Many thanks Dave - we keep these Q&A's in an archive so people can read them now and way into the future.

It's been great!

Old 4th October 2015
Lives for gear

Thank you Mr Jerden, and thanks to the Gearslutz staff for doing these. I always enjoy reading how top pros go about things. Inspiring!
Old 4th October 2015
Engagement Manager

Thanks Dave
It was great to envision some of the sessions you discussed/described
Made me play Ritual de lo habitual again which I don't do enough
It still sounds as good nearly 25 years on
Old 4th October 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks, one of the best Q&A !
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search