The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bass "growl" (Meat Puppets) and working with Poe
Old 27th September 2015
Lives for gear
Bass "growl" (Meat Puppets) and working with Poe

Hi Dave - always interested in how to get the "growl" out of the bass, like on the Meat Puppets albums you worked on. SansAmp? Straight DI and "fuzzed" amp track?

Also, what songs did you produce on "Hello"?
Old 28th September 2015
VIP Guest

I mixed the Meat puppets however I did not record it. As far as "Hello" I was executive producer (oversaw the whole making of the album) and directly produced a few tracks. I mixed the whole album. I was involved with the whole record so its hard for me to remember exactly (after all these years ) what songs were done by who. I do remember recording "Trigger Happy jack" .
Old 28th September 2015
Lives for gear
Hello is such an interesting album. I particularly like the vocal distortion on "Choking the Cherry" if you happen to remember how you achieved that. Also, when the tracks you did record arrived for mixing, were a lot of the samples and effects already done? Like "Angry Johnny" it seems so random (for a lack of a better word) because of the loops and sort of trip hop treatment (which I guess was pretty popular at the time)
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search