The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mix decisions: Your opinion vs. Artist's
Old 22nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Mix decisions: Your opinion vs. Artist's

Hello! I was just wondering how you deal with a situation in which you are working with an artist, and you have presented your idea of the "mix" etc., and they have differing views or desires beyond or perspectives on a song other then your own?
Obviously I imagine your desire is to serve the vision of the artist, but have you had contentious sessions in that regard? And to what lengths have you had to go through to deal with this kind of thing? Are you open to revisions etc? And has the "modern" era of recall etc made that a total pain?

Thanks!

View most liked answer
Old 23rd September 2015
VIP Guest

How I approach the politics of mixing is to first mix it as I want. Then I talk to the artist/band and get their notes to incorporate their wishes in the mix. And yes, sometimes there is a
difference in opinion.It works its way out. I do try my best to give the artist what they want without ending up with something stupid.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search