The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
FATSO outputs not quite equal - Dave?
Old 25th May 2003
Lives for gear

FATSO outputs not quite equal - Dave?

When I use the FATSO on my ProTools mix buss, I need to raise the left output .7 to get both sides to match. Wuz up?

Old 25th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

Heyee Bassmac!

Ive answered this one a few times. Its Potentiometers! We hate Pots pots pots! Without taking up more space, please see the thread "Calibrating Distressors". Its the same problem - pots dont ever match each other exactly. There are certain places where they do match, and certain places where they dont!

This is the reason on mastering rigs, lots of companies go to the verrrrry expensive switched attenuators - Pot manufacturers generally SUCK <laughing>. For your information, switched attenuators are typically 10 - 20 times more expensive than pots, each attenuator often costing more than $60 each! We may offer them in units as upgrades someday... but dont quote me on that!

We'd be glad to look your unit over for free but, one of the reasons we use the high resolution knobs is to allow accurate notes of settings. I suspect your pots meet our spec which is that they will match within about 2-3 small tics - one tic = 1/10th a number. We'll be glad to double check anything for you, free of charge, as always.
Old 26th May 2003
Lives for gear

No problem - I can work with it.

I just wanted to make sure I didn’t smoke my unit.

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search