The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can the distressor imitate the fatso???
Old 12th May 2003
Lives for gear

Can the distressor imitate the fatso???

I'm really needing just one channel of great compression. I've heard the fatso, and its nice in the way is simulates the analog sound. Can the distressor do something similar with it's distortion 2 and 3???? How does the distortion generated in each box compare, or are the completely different?
Old 12th May 2003
member no 666

Kinda sorta... not really.

If you are looking for a seriously bitchin' channel of compression, the EL-8 will most likely knock your socks off... but it won't really sound like the EL-7... but on the positive side of the equasion, you have so much more control over all aspects of the compression element with an EL-8 than you do with an EL-7 what you pick up in terms of flexibility [IMNTLBFHO] is absolutely invaluable.
Old 12th May 2003
One with big hooves

Based on very limited time with a Fatso, I think it gets closer to coping a Distressor then the Distressor does to coping a Fatso Jr.
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear

<I've heard the fatso, and its nice in the way is simulates the analog sound. >

It doesn't simulate an analog sound, it is analog, isn't it? You meant simulate the tape saturation sound?

Jasper
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Jasper
<I've heard the fatso, and its nice in the way is simulates the analog sound. >

It doesn't simulate an analog sound, it is analog, isn't it? You meant simulate the tape saturation sound?

Jasper
yes, I meant tape. Of course nothing sounds like tape, but the fatso does a good imitation...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search