The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dave, where can we buy the distressor knobs?
Old 6th May 2003
Lives for gear

Dave, where can we buy the distressor knobs?

heh

I want to retro-fit them to all my gear (if they fit).
Old 7th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

Heyee Jazzius

You know, the knobs were originally kind of custom. We took someones standard knobs, selected a special numbering on the skirt, had them paint part of them, and Voila.. the Empirical Labs Knobs. They are way too expensive tho lol

My freinds, family, and ex-girlfriend laughed at the amount of time I spent on those knobs...

We stock them by the thousands so if you are really interested, call the factory and tell them you spoke to Dave on the web and he said he would sell you some directly. We will sell them to you cheaper than you can get them from the manufacturer, since you will be wanting small quantities. Still, Im sorry to say they will be close to $4 each after shipping. Thats the price of a draft beer in NYC....
Old 7th May 2003
Lives for gear

Dave, I, too, was laughed at in my teenage years over how much time I spent with my knob.....

......seriously though, the price seems reasonable......I'm gonna check which bits'll fit 'em.

Thanks.
Old 7th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

You're sick.. SICK I say!

But of course I totally respect that...
Old 12th May 2003
Lives for gear

The Distressor/Fatso knobs are HUGE, nearly a full rack space tall! As I look around my studio I see very few pieces of gear that would fit them.

They are very distintive though, and immediately identify the gear as Empirical Labs. Even in very small photos it is easy to identify the Distressors and Fatso's in studio racks. I think the time you spent on the them was well worth it, Dave!

Besides the visual factor, the 1/10 increments make it much easier to make detailed notes of settings and repeat them later. Much appreciated!
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search