The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dave, Ptools plugin comps: what do you like?
Old 3rd May 2003
no ssl yet
Dave, Ptools plugin comps: what do you like?

Dave if you use protools plugin comps which ones do you use? on what? What type of settings? what do you like about them? What are they missing?
What do you think of the current state of software comps? etc...
Basically discuss what you feel. Feel free to throw in anything that may be inspired by the question but not asked
Old 4th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

Protools and Software Compressors

No SSL

First, Im not qualified at this time to say one thing about the current Protools plug ins. I have used the Waves Compressors and Built in PT compressors a little in the past, like 3 years ago, so theres no experience that is current. I liked the compressors for general leveling and smoothing of dynamics but... those particular compressors had very little "personality". Clean clean clean tho, which is really nice for classical and jazz i think.

Strangely I am putting together a HD Protools system very soon, and will probably be looking at all kinds of plug ins etc
As far as the potential of plug ins etc... Ill have to pick that up a little later, since thats probably pretty big subject. Wish I could offer more on the current plug ins... but I simply havnt used them. Sorry!

Maybe I could make something up and Bull**** my ass off. Should I give it a shot?? (Laughing)
Old 4th May 2003
jho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Derr

No SSL

First, Im not qualified at this time to say one thing about the current Protools plug ins. I have used the Waves Compressors and Built in PT compressors a little in the past, like 3 years ago, so theres no experience that is current. I liked the compressors for general leveling and smoothing of dynamics but... those particular compressors had very little "personality". Clean clean clean tho, which is really nice for classical and jazz i think.

Strangely I am putting together a HD Protools system very soon, and will probably be looking at all kinds of plug ins etc
As far as the potential of plug ins etc... Ill have to pick that up a little later, since thats probably pretty big subject. Wish I could offer more on the current plug ins... but I simply havnt used them. Sorry!

Maybe I could make something up and Bull**** my ass off. Should I give it a shot?? (Laughing)

DAVE - How about the DISTRESSOR HD PLUG IN????

You can DO IT!!! (ala the waterboy)
Old 5th May 2003
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Derr

snip for brevity

He he Dave this is the internet. I/We expect no less!!
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search