The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What gizmos didn't make it to production?
Old 2nd May 2003
Lives for gear

What gizmos didn't make it to production?

Dave, you mentioned in another thread some boxes that never made it to production.......you wanna torture us by giving a run down of these and why they got axed?
Old 2nd May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

JAZZIUS WRITES:

Dave, you mentioned in another thread some boxes that never made it to production.......you wanna torture us by giving a run down of these and why they got axed?
===========================

NO Not really (Laughing). Ive prototyped hundreds of things and at least two I actually got metal chassis made professionally, but in the end... there were technical, production, or business issues.

The one I guess I dont mind mentioning was a wacko direct box called the DerD-Box with several unusual features. We may still make it someday, so I dont wanna give away too much. There are some beta testers who wont give them back lol. The Killer was when Tony Levin was doing a live concert overseas with it and a buzz cropped up that couldnt be eliminated cuz of a ground loop between the stage and mixing console, caused by either lighting or an AC generator. A direct box has to work ALL THE TIME. There is a solution for that problem so...

Almost always, I have learned something from these failures that will be applied to a future product. At least thats my excuse and I'm stickin to it.

Thanks for your interest, Jazzius.
Old 2nd May 2003
Lives for gear

Cool, Dave.

BTW, those knobs on the distressor are soooo cool.....knobs like that should be mandatory on all studio and kitchen appliances including toasters.
Old 2nd May 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by jazzius
Cool, Dave.

BTW, those knobs on the distressor are soooo cool.....knobs like that should be mandatory on all studio and kitchen appliances including toasters.
and even cars heh

sorry, I'm trying to create a running gag (see Eq thread in this forum)

malice
Old 5th May 2003
member no 666

As a 'beta-bitch' lemme say that the "Der D-Box" [at least the "DB-2"] is a bad mother (watch yo mouth).

No, you can't borrow it.
Old 5th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

Feltchorama! Heyee buddy...

You look so different in your picture on here... what an improvement! Judy here is wanting your phone number and wonders if you are married? lol I think she wants you to be her "Beta bitch" or something...or is it vice versa... and I do mean VICE!

Dave

PS I just know Im going to get in trouble on here! Neither engineers nor musicians should be allowed out in public, ya know?
Old 9th May 2003
gml
Gear Nut

Here's one more thumbs-up for the Derr-D-Box. You'll get it back when you can pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers.

Although this is really a special-purpose box and it's applications are somewhat limited (compared to, say, a Distressor) it's very, very cool.

Hey, maybe Tony Levin's buzz should have been there.

George
Old 9th May 2003
Gear Head

Now Geaorge ... I see you are labelled as a "Gear interested" freshman ... if you need any help with Engineer|Mixer|Producer|Mastering just call.
heh
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search