The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Charles
Old 29th May 2004
Lives for gear

Charles

Charles,
I know you will be ending your guest moderation soon and I would like to thank you for being so open and sharing with your knowledge and experiences.

I, as I'm sure everyone here has, have learned a lot throughout the 2 months you've been here.

Thanks again for a great experience and being so open with your knowledge. I greatly appreciate it.
Old 29th May 2004
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

What he said.

Kudos.
Old 29th May 2004
Gear addict

THANK YOU very much Charles !

Thanks for sharing a such amount of knowledge and techniques : I have learned a lot.
Your posts and detailed answers have been very helpful for me.

Charles, I hope you will stay forever heh

Thanks.
Old 29th May 2004
Lives for gear

Yup, it's been REALLY great....
Old 29th May 2004
Gear Maniac

Absolutely, Charles,

This forum has been great fun.

The trend for me, over the last couple of years, has been that I spend MUCH more time alone. I have a great sounding studio at home. People send me files. I send out mp3s, and get an email or a phone call with a few corrections, and I FedEx the mixes out.

The Biz wasn't like this when I started out. True, mixing is always a solitary venture; most of the work you have to do by yourself. As an assistant, I knew that a big part of the job was keeping the engineer happy. I spent the day reading manuals, or setting up the two track, or putting cables away, and always listening, while someone else was working. In many ways, I learned as much from the guys who sucked as I did from the guys who were great. But at some point during the day, the guy would turn around in his chair and want to have a conversation about chicks, or gear, or sports, or nothing at all, just to get away for a moment or two.

The BBs are like that for me now. Thanks for being there.

Email me if you're coming to LA. We can have some sushi, and laugh and talk in person!

Steve Shepherd
soulconnect@earthlink.net

By the way, my mom's maiden name was Dye. It's not that common of a name, so maybe we're related!
Old 29th May 2004
FX smörgåsbord user

Randy, PapillonIrl, krid, preben + Steve,

Thank you very much!!! I love coming here to trade ideas + as I said at the beginning of April I always learn a lot. These last two months were definitely not exceptions. Thank you, everyone for your excellent posts.

Thanks.
Old 29th May 2004
Lives for gear

Charles don't leave heh Thanks for everything.
Old 29th May 2004
Gear Maniac

..... relaying the apt sentiments above.

and saying my own "thanks" as well... I'm more of a lurker, than a poster... but have learned an EXTREMELY vast wealth of new ideas from these threads over the past couple of months.... (and that's coming from an old school chap who's been deep in some very educational environments... ie Berklee and various NYC studios over the years).... I dare say that I've acquired more useable ideas over this comparable time frame.

Many of these threads have been so benefitial to me... especially as someone who's really making a serious change from "console and tape machines" to a complete ITB way of operation.

Your insights and dedication to something that surely must add an added tax to your valuable time is sincerely appreciated Charles. As the many above me have wonderfully pointed out... we genuinely thank you for your committment to these threads.
Old 29th May 2004
Lives for gear

Though having read only a small part of this forum ( - yet. Some will surely still be read whenever there would be a search for certain topics ) me too would like to thank you, Charles.

The fact that one can read and profit from knowledged peoples´experience is so fantastic, and naturally before the media option there are you folks who are willing to share at all.

Naturally, there will always be a little secret here and another one there which might not be spread, but while this is just ok the huge part of insights being shared proves of cracks who are confident enough not to fear that their wisdom could be taken away.

Thank you very much.

Ruphus
Old 29th May 2004
FX smörgåsbord user

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruphus
Naturally, there will always be a little secret here and another one there which might not be spread.
Honestly, there's not a single technique I'm not willing to share. Secrets? I just don't see the point.

Again, thank you everyone for your very kind words, and to all of you who have been so genereous with your knowledge as well.
Old 29th May 2004
Lives for gear

Nice to have been wrong.

Kudos,

Ruphus
Old 29th May 2004
Lives for gear

Thanks a million for moderating this forum Charles. Sent ya an email.

Shane
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search