The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Compression Techniques
Old 17th May 2004
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
By the way this is the secret to getting a stereo chorus(TC 2290) on your bass tracks. No chorus on the bass means that the top end is getting the "glow".

Trust me this will help the bass cut through even on an Auratone.
I've found that the Waves Renaissance Bass plug in does wonders for getting tracks to stand out.

War
Old 18th May 2004
Quote:
Originally posted by warhead
I've found that the Waves Renaissance Bass plug in does wonders for getting tracks to stand out.

War
War,

I don't do it that often actually(put a chorus on a bass).

What would also work well is the Roland Dimension D.
Old 18th May 2004
Lives for gear

Cheers Jazz, I'm setting up the free db audioware plug now, lots of interesting plugs on that other site too.

@5down 1 UP -The only way I can think to use the sidechain on the Waves compressors is to use the eq and 'key' the compressor from its self (if you get me) I've been trying to draw out the rhythm of the kick by cutting everything else and use that.
But it doesn't do anything???
Its quite possible I'm not understanding the feature on this software. But its looking as though its not possible.
Maybe this dbaudioware compressor will be different.
Old 18th May 2004
Lives for gear

in pt you pick the plug and choose the track you want to as a sidechain reference ... thats all !

like comp on a bass , sidechain in is bd or whatever u like ... there ya go ?

strange cubase world
Old 18th May 2004
Lives for gear

Strange cubase world...agreed, thats what I thought it would be like, but no - unless I'm missing some magic window somewhere.

Anyway Db-Audioware rocks and does just that
Setup one on say the kick track send compressor to 'A'
Setup second compressor on say pad track and set to recieve on 'A' thats it! You can pump the pad track with the kick.

I'm happy enough for now
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search