The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Would you guys take a listen to this?
Old 24th April 2004
Lives for gear

Would you guys take a listen to this?

Hey guys, since this forum is mostly about ITB/DAW mixes, I would like to hear comments on this mixs.
It's still a rought mix, there are no vocals yet, it's all done with PT LE 6.1, all EQ and Compression is from T-Racks, there is some Digirack 1-Band EQ hipassing a few tracks.
All input is very wellcome, 'cause this is a "test" done in my brand new studio... so I'm still getting used to the rooms, there is some stuff to be fixed... so any help is welcome!
Attached Files

1o ato 2a mix.mp3 (4.52 MB, 1066 views)

Old 24th April 2004
Gear addict

I just listened to it on my mac laptop speakers, but it all seemed really clear and good. Great drum sounds.
Old 27th April 2004
Gear Head

Thumbs up

I don't see any real problems here. For my taste there are a couple of things that could come up -

At around 1:30 and again around 2:50 (a repeating chorus?) there is a guitar on the left side playing octaves that could come up some volume wise.

At around 3:40 there is a guitar in the center that could come up a little bit.

Both of those observations are highly subjective so take them for what they are worth.

Overall it doesn't sound like you have any problems - so good job!
Old 27th April 2004
Lives for gear

Sounds great - how did you record / process the snare? ...I like it.
Old 28th April 2004
Lives for gear

The snare is a Mapex Maple (the cheapest maple snare from Mapex) 14" x 6".
The snare was tracked w/ a 57 on top and a 441 on bottom going thru Sytek MPX-4 channels 1 & 2 (brighter/harder). I don't remember exactly the order or the settings of the plugs, I'll post that back tomorrow when I check it on the studio, but I would guess I have a T-Racks Comp + T-Racks EQ + T-Racks Comp... there is some WILD eqing on the snare 'cause I had problems w/ cymblas/hh bleeding into it... I'll check and post again!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search