The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitors
Old 27th July 2015
Lives for gear

Monitors

I am curious if there any monitors that you favor for mixing duties. What sort of volumes are you mixing at in regards to nearfield and farfield. Sub, yes or no...sometimes? Thanks for sharing your insights.
Old 28th July 2015
Old 28th July 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks Ross, your answer in that thread popped up shortly after I posted and was awaiting for my question to pop up, post mod approval. Could you touch on your preferred listening levels while mixing? I do not believe that is in the other thread.
Old 29th July 2015
Ross Hogarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Thanks Ross, your answer in that thread popped up shortly after I posted and was awaiting for my question to pop up, post mod approval. Could you touch on your preferred listening levels while mixing? I do not believe that is in the other thread.
i mix very moderately
i am probably at me loudest when working on the bottom end but turn down to a nice moderate volume for the rest of the day
loud levels confuse and compress the ear
i just end up turning up loud to make sure nothing is hurting me or not feeling right at a loud level but this is usually only for a pass or 2 to vibe on
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search