The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your tips in usage of Lexicon reverbs (if you are using them)? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 23rd July 2015
Gear Nut

Your tips in usage of Lexicon reverbs (if you are using them)?

Hi again, thanks for answering my previous question My next (maybe bit strange) is: what is your usage of Lexicon (Hall and Plate algos) reverbs? I found myself using more and more my Yamaha reverbs and Lexicon realy only for long delayed hall.. Maybe I'm missing something, what is their best weapon in you opinion? thanks

View most liked answer
Old 25th July 2015
Ross Hogarth

whatever works !!

i don't own any Lexicon hardware anymore
but when I used it on the 480 I loved the brick wall and all the inverse ones ... , the wooden rooms, the vocal shimmer, jazz hall, the vocal plate
on the 224 I almost always just used Plate ... or Chamber
EXPERIMENT !!!!!!!!! USE YOUR EARS ... thats what the are there for ...
Old 25th July 2015
Lives for gear

Thank you so much for doing this Q and A! Speaking of reverbs, what reverb plugins or hardware pieces do you find yourself using most frequently these days? Also how do you process your vocal reverbs to get a lush sound that sticks out in a mix? My reverbs seem to sound great in solo but are lost in the full mix.

Thank you!
Old 26th July 2015
Ross Hogarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwensDrumming View Post
Thank you so much for doing this Q and A! Speaking of reverbs, what reverb plugins or hardware pieces do you find yourself using most frequently these days? Also how do you process your vocal reverbs to get a lush sound that sticks out in a mix? My reverbs seem to sound great in solo but are lost in the full mix.

Thank you!
i use 2 Bricasti's, my old AMS, a couple of old tube spring, a 2016, H Reverb, UA ..plate/224/250/RMX ... Altiverb, Revibe, sheesh a bunch
whatever works that day really
I look over my list and get nutty when I am looking for reverb
i get bored easy with reverb
I'll open an Altiverb and find something I've never used and then Eq it to be what I want
H reverb is great to mess with
the UA plate works everytime I need a plate, the UA RMX is incredible ..

I dont know man .. maybe just turn it up if you want to hear more of it ??

Last edited by BoogieMotel; 26th July 2015 at 06:25 PM..
Old 26th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieMotel View Post
i use 2 Bricasti's, my old AMS, a couple of old tube spring, a 2016, H Reverb, UA ..plate/224/250 ... Altiverb, Revibe, sheesh a bunch
whatever works that day really
I look over my list and get nutty when I am looking for reverb
i get bored easy with reverb
I'll open an Altiverb and find something I've never used and then Eq it to be what I want
H reverb is great to mess with
the UA plate works everytime I need a plate, the US RMX is incredible ..

I dont know man .. maybe just turn it up if you want to hear more of it ??
Thanks man, you rock!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search