The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recording Bass
Old 7th November 2017
Recording Bass

Hey Vance...big fan of your work, and thanks so much for doing this. Just wondering how you approach recording the bass. Are you a di guy? Mic’d amp? Combination? And what’s your favorite chain/processing. Thanks so much!
Old 10th November 2017
Special Guest

Always a DI (Acme Wolf Box or Rupert Neve DI) and an amp.. either my Ampeg B15 or Fender Bassman into a RCA 44 about a foot away.. Retro StaLevel on the DI. And thats it.. For Pre's I would probably use my Skibbe Flickengers or CAPI VP26's.
NO processing on the DI.. any Fuzz/Flange etc. only on the amp..
Thanks!
Old 10th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancalot View Post
Always a DI (Acme Wolf Box or Rupert Neve DI) and an amp.. either my Ampeg B15 or Fender Bassman into a RCA 44 about a foot away.. Retro StaLevel on the DI. And thats it.. For Pre's I would probably use my Skibbe Flickengers or CAPI VP26's.
NO processing on the DI.. any Fuzz/Flange etc. only on the amp..
Thanks!
Awesome! Thanks so much. Sometimes I get lazy and only di my bass and I always regret it. Love what the amp track adds to the whole picture, although if had an rca44 I might be afraid of sticking it in front of a bass amp!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search