The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Possiblity of rack version?
Old 18th December 2019
Lives for gear

Possiblity of rack version?

Hey George, congrats on the Super 6 - it looks and sounds superb!

Is there any chance down the line of a rack version (that can work in desktop mode - swapping ears for cheeks, for those guys too) of the Super 6? Obviously preserving as much of the great control surface as possible.. eg. I'm thinking a 6U-7U flat wedge shaped unit encrusted in controls, rather than a thin/deep rack..

Even though it looks like a ton of effort has been put into the user interface, this format would be great for those of us who just want to directly take advantage of MPE without needing the keybed for example, or just prefer to wallpaper our caves in synths rather than have a million keybeds
Old 18th December 2019
Ksp
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Hey George, congrats on the Super 6 - it looks and sounds superb!
Even though it looks like a ton of effort has been put into the user interface, this format would be great for those of us who just want to directly take advantage of MPE without needing the keybed for example, or just prefer to wallpaper our caves in synths rather than have a million keybeds
i think it would be a wise secondary product as theres tons of people i know in working studios who just dont have space for more than 1 master keyboard and a lot of focus now on rack synths.
Old 18th December 2019
Special Guest

Hi, I can't make promises about our new developments at this stage just in case we change! However, many people have shared your desires and I understand the motivations for such a unit. The challenge for us would be in miniaturising the UI without losing the magic. It may mean smaller faders and pots, which would be a compromise, or a rethink using encoders.

The desktop unit might actually be a completely unique entity in its own right and would not necessarily have to be a Super 6 in a rack, there is lots of options at this stage.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear