The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Software editor/librarian?
Old 18th December 2019
Lives for gear

Software editor/librarian?

Hello

Is a software editor/librarian (custom or something like support in MidiQuest) expected? While I imagine most patch creation will happen organically right on the Super 6 I can also imagine software being helpful for creating performance banks, saving additional patches, and perhaps facilitating custom wave tables or the like. I’m just considering the utility of software for those sorts of functions knowing that while playing it will be a hands on affair. Any thoughts?
Old 18th December 2019
Special Guest

We were keen to release the Super 6 requiring no custom software. The USB features are class compliant meaning patch, sequence and wave management can be done like any other file & folder and MIDI also is class compliant. The editor for patch creation is something I would like certainly. This won't be available on release and we may collaborate with someone who has greater experience to make sure we deliver something solid here later on.
Old 19th December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hearn View Post
We were keen to release the Super 6 requiring no custom software. The USB features are class compliant meaning patch, sequence and wave management can be done like any other file & folder and MIDI also is class compliant. The editor for patch creation is something I would like certainly. This won't be available on release and we may collaborate with someone who has greater experience to make sure we deliver something solid here later on.
If there is interest and if there is full midi implementation and documentation I can build an editor / patch librarian as I did for the Pro2 or other synths.
Things needed are:
- is the Super 6 accepting and relying on Midi device inquiry message (this allows knowing if the synth is connected and alive or not)
- is there a sysex command to request and receive single patch data
- is there a sysex command to request and receive a patch bank (usually a bank is an essembly of individual single patches)
- is there a sysex command to request and receive global parameters data (if this exists)
- CC or NRPN controller numbers for each parameter (for bidirectional handling or automation from DAW)
- sysex documentation of the data (which parameter on which position with what values). This can be reversed engineered but is easier when getting it (I can sign a NDA if needed)
- any bit packing method used?
- any checksum used?

By this reply I also congratule you, George for your explanations, inspiring demos, transmitting your love to a very nice synth done by a small team.
I hope it will sell well.
As others I think that it would have benefitted to be closer to 2000 EUR than at 2500. I'm pretty sure that with a reduction of 10-20% it would attract maybe double the people.
However, I also don't know your R&D, production, marketing... costs so this is only a very simple view/opinion of mine.

Wish you and UDO team all the best!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear